Auxiliary Police Unit
Parma Auxiliary Police
Commander George J. Balasko
Are you interested in helping your community? Are you interested in law enforcement?
We are always looking or civic minded volunteers who want to help make the community a better place to live.
Below are the minimum qualifications to be considered for the unit:
1. At least 21 years of age
2. Live within 25 miles of Parma
3. Valid Ohio Driver's License and clean driving record
4. No felony convictions, or misdemeanor arrests connected with Domestic Violence.
5. High School Diploma or GED
6. Be in good physical condition
All Auxiliary Police recruit officers go through a four-step training process:
1. Auxiliary Basic Training covering policies and procedures, and equipment.
2. Firearms and use of force training.
3. Field training with both Auxiliary and regular officers.
4. On the job training for each detail, such as directing traffic.
Auxiliary officers are required to work a minimum of 135 hours per year, or about 11.5 hours per month. There are regular details, such as church traffic control and monthly meetings. In addition, there are some details that last-minute due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you are interested in joining the Auxiliary Police Unit, please contact Cmdr. Balasko at 440-887-7300 ext. 7228.
You can download a printable application in PDF format by clicking on the link: Auxiliary Police Application
The Auxiliary Police is also on Facebook at: Parma Auxiliary Facebook Page